How can a career or executive coach help you to help yourself?
Working with a career or executive coaching can provide you with numerous benefits, including:
- Clarity and direction: Identify your strengths, interests, and values, and use them to develop a clear sense of direction for your career.
- Skill development: Identify the skills you need to acquire or improve to reach your career goals, and provide support on how to develop those skills e.g. leadership, delegation.
- Job search strategies: Develop effective job search strategies, including networking tips, resume and cover letter writing, interview preparation, and job application strategies.
- Confidence-building: Build your confidence and overcome any obstacles or self-doubt that may be holding you back e.g. imposter syndrome.
- Work-life balance: Identify strategies for achieving a healthy work-life balance, which can improve your overall quality of life e.g. following a significant life event.
- Organisational politics: Navigate the often conflicting demands, pressures and expectations that occur in even the most supportive of organisations.
Numerous studies have suggested that an executive coach could increase the chances of achieving your goals by up to 75%.
A great coach will provide you with the space to reflect, to explore options in a non-judgmental manner, develop your existing skills and knowledge, and practise new ones to be successful at work, plan your career and make the changes that you need to make.
In summary, an executive and career coach can help you achieve greater career satisfaction, make informed decisions, and maximise your potential for success.